a super easy on-the-go snack for busy-bees..so good we needed another batch
- 1/2 medium sweet potato
- pinch of salt and pepper
- teaspoon of coconut or olive oil
- 1/2 chilli, finely chopped
- preheat the oven to 220 degrees Celsius.
- wash the sweet potato in cold water, leaving the skin on.
- chop the potato into small slices – this can be changed depending on your preference. I did mine about 1cm wide and the whole length long.
- dribble the oil on top of the chips in an oven baking tray. use a brush to spread the oil evenly over the chips
- add the salt and pepper and sprinkle the chilli over the top.
- put the chips in the oven and leave for 15 minutes. the chips should be sizzling by the time you take them out – this is good. use a spatula to turn the chips. you need to do this carefully as some may have stuck to the tray.
- add some more salt and pepper and put them back in the oven. turn the heat to ‘high’ leave for another 10 minutes or until the chips are crispy.