- 1 whole red onion
- 1 1/2 cups of chickpeas
- 1 1/2 cups of brown lentils
- 1 handful of basil leaves
- 1 cup of cooked buckwheat
- 1 cup of chopped tomato
- 4 kale storks
- 1 tablespoon of minced garlic
- 1 cup of mint leaves
- 1 cup of curled parsley
- Large pinch of salt and pepper
- 1 tablespoon of coconut oil
- Place onion, chickpeas, lentils, basil, buckwheat, tomato, kale, garlic, mint, parsley, salt and pepper in food processor until smooth.
- Put the processed food into a large salad bowl and with your hands, separate the ingredients into small balls. Allow to set for 2 hours in fridge.
- Heat a frypan on high with oil. Once very hot, carefully place the balls in the pan and brown on each side. Add some salt and pepper to taste.
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees Celsius. Once balls have browned, lay the balls on a wired oven tray evenly and leave for 30-40 minutes or until cooked through. Leave to set for 1 hour.
- To your whole grain wrap, add desired sauces and vegetables and salad, as well as the cooled falafels.